Baha'u'llah


Moreover, observe how these things that have come to pass, and the acts which have been perpetrated, have all been mentioned in former traditions.  Even as it hath been recorded in the "Rawdiy-i-Káfí," concerning "Zawrá'." In the "Rawdiy-i-Káfí" it is related of Mu'ávíyih, son of Vahháb, that Abú-'Abdi'lláh hath spoken: "Knowest thou Zawrá'?"  I said: "May my life be a sacrifice unto thee! They say it is Baghdád." "Nay," he answered. And then added: "Hast thou entered the city of Rayy?",1 to which I made reply: "Yea, I have entered it."  Whereupon, He enquired: "Didst thou visit the cattle-market?" "Yea," I answered. He said: "Hast thou seen the black mountain on the right hand side of the road? The same is Zawrá'. There shall eighty men, of the children of certain ones, be slain, all of whom are worthy to be called caliphs."  "Who will slay them?" I asked.  He made reply: "The children of Persia!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

notes from the Guardian

agreement